National association specializing in hunters’ rights and conservation is seeking a Government Affairs Liaison focusing on federal matters from their Washington DC presence.
This position serves as a key lobbyist for the Association with the U.S. Congress and the Executive Branch covering all issues of importance to the organization. This position will collaborate extensively with the Director of Government Affairs, advocacy staff and Government Affairs Committee volunteers on legislative activities and priorities related to the Association and its members.
Responsibilities also include advancement of relationships with external stakeholders (both governmental and non-governmental) that influence public policy, provide counsel about possible courses of action, and identify key external engagement opportunities on policy. Provide direction and federal perspective for political programs (PAC, SuperPAC and grassroots) and collaborate with other organizational departments in furtherance of the Association’s mission.
The liaison will be required to register as a federal lobbyist.
- Seven to 10 years of professional experience working on Capitol Hill or in a federal government relations capacity;
- Thorough understanding of the legislative process and congressional procedures, as well as existing relationships on Capitol Hill;
- Must demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, hunting as an essential part of biologically sound and ethically responsible international wildlife management.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, with strong persuasive and intellectual ability;
- Ability to plan, think independently and adapt to the needs of a fast-paced professional environment;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently follow through on assignments;
- Ability to handle pressure in a goal and deadline driven environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.