We are seeking a Business News Reporter for a digital media company in Mississippi. The position is remote, based anywhere in Mississippi, and responsible for daily reporting on statewide business news.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who wants journalistic freedom, high visibility with a proven news platform, and unprecedented access to news/policymakers.
- 3+ years professional experience OR entry-level position with degree and/or relevant experience in journalism or community/economic development
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good understanding of photography, video and audio production to help augment content
- Demonstrated ability to access and analyze public records
- Working knowledge of social media (FB/Twitter) and willingness to engage readers directly on those platforms
$33-50k DOE + full healthcare benefits