We are seeking a Controller for an emerging growth Southeastern regional company based in the metro Jackson area with manufacturing, finance and retail operations.
- Provide leadership and direction of the company’s financial operations, including, financial planning and analysis, risk management, record-keeping, and financial reporting.
- Assess and evaluate the company’s existing financial structure and operational processes with an eye toward implementing continued improvements that will increase efficiency and help drive growth.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of a four-person accounting department including month and end-year process, AP/AR, cash receipts, GL, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity, etc.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data, produce financial reports/statements
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Assign projects and direct staff members to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- BS/BA in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field
- 5-10 years of leadership experience directing accounting/finance in positions of increasing authority
- Advanced MS Office, accounting software and database skills
- An ability to use financial and data analytics to advise the Executive Leadership Team on financial and strategic issues combined with the ability to build a business case for technical decisions.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including excellent listening skills, combined with the ability to work effectively in fast-paced work environment
- Salary $130-150K+ DOE