Our client has retained us to confidently identify Convention Manager candidates to oversee and manage the Exhibit Process for a large non-profit organization’s annual convention featuring over 15,000 attendees in Las Vegas Nevada.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about hunter’s rights.
- Manage full time and seasonal staff
- Provide necessary information for preparation of the department budget. Makes recommendations to optimize expenditures.
- Oversee On-site Convention Exhibit Set Up, Move In, Display, and Tear Down. May attend site visits as needed to finalize annual convention details.
- Oversee booth application, deposit and contract processes and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Work with hotel, entertainment, catering and logistics professionals for all aspects of planning for member programming
- Maintain and organize exhibit floor designs, booth traffic and tracking any other show floor displays.
- Handle assignments in the booth placement process and provide exhibitor assistance in presenting available booth options. Address exhibitor related issues.
- Oversee the request-for-proposal process for event security.
- Coordinate and assist with special show floor projects such as villages, pavilions, stages and special activities areas. Identify new exhibitor sponsorship opportunities and coordinate opportunities with advertising sales. Coordinate with exhibitors on future virtual marketplace to create new revenue stream.
- Support exhibit team in oversight of training plan for temporary staff at the annual convention or other events.
- Oversee convention displays where the organization is an exhibitor. May attend meetings, trade shows, and other functions.
- Produce forecasts and post-event reports, coordinate general preparedness.
- Maintain availability to travel and attend events, as assigned, which may include holidays and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience or training.
- Documented professional history of leading large conventions/events.
- CMP or CSEP designation highly desirable.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and exceptional customer service.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, database, and graphic presentation software programs.
Compensation is $55-70K commensurate with experience, and an outstanding benefits plan is included.