Our client is seeking a Data Analyst to provide data mining and intelligence for a large consumer financial portfolio. Based in the metro-Jackson area, this company has a large consumer presence throughout the Southeastern US.
We are looking for someone that understands data architecture to develop and performing analyses using company-maintained and external data to identify relevant correlations and reach statistically valid conclusions. This position will also have access to the highest executives in the company helping to form strategy using data and making recommendations to management to improve performance results and outcomes.
This is a “hands on” position and the right candidate will have a mix of both business intelligence and database skills where they can operate independently.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop an understanding of the evolution of the company’s technology roadmap.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide operational risk management related reports utilizing Power BI.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Develop reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) using complex datasets and stored procedures
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data set.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Advanced college degree required, with emphasis in mathematics, statistics and/or finance
- 2+ years of relative work experience
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, SQL and Power BI
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Plus: Experience with Tableau or Qlikview
- Plus: Financial/Banking background is a plus
Data Science, Data Visualization, Statistics, Data Modeling, Data Analysis, Algorithms, Data Mining, Power BI
- $60-75K DOE
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance