This position is responsible for providing community impact assessment and asset management for New Markets Tax Credits (NMTCs) loans for primarily equipment, inventory and working capital investments to businesses in Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina and Florida. These duties will include financial analysis and writing skills, conducting site visits, database monitoring support and community outreach to local stakeholders and local, regional and statewide economic development entities.
This position can be worked remotely from anywhere in the Southeastern US.
- Analysis and assessment of QALICB annual reporting for nearly 30 projects.
- Support underwriting activities of new business lending opportunities in service area using innovative NMTCs.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Interface with QALICBs during the NMTC closing process to manage handoff of community benefits accountability process.
- Conduct QALICB site visits in 7-state service area annually. This outreach may involve LIC stakeholders, area economic development professionals and concurrently identifying new potential NMTC projects.
- Prepare Annual impact management reporting for Advisory Board, as well as other NMTC industry leaders.
- Travel on behalf of the company to industry conferences and events as needed.
- Provide analytical support of NMTC portfolio companies and maintenance of investments’ collateral, liens and other items as related to Loan, Security and Collateral Agreements with firm clients.
- Annual QLICI collateral review; Starting with closing legal documents, perform first level review of the compliance, UCC/security documentation, asset performance, replacement and removal of collateral and ensure non-performing collateral is replaced in a timely fashion.
- Work on annual CDFI NMTC Application.
- Work to advance and improve our database tracking mechanisms to track monthly, quarterly and annual reports to support community impact assessment and asset servicing requirements.
Future Growth Opportunities of position:
- Consulting and Advisory Services – new projects, QALICBs, CDEs and other potential clients
- New Products and/or Services
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements:
- A proven track record of community involvement and relationship management.
- Knowledge of accounting or lending practices required.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required with emphasis on clarity, conciseness and relevance.
- Ability to understand financial statements is preferred.
- Ability to understand loan documentation is required.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse constituents is required.
- Knowledge of and commitment to community development preferred.
- Expert level proficiency with Excel spreadsheets and CRM/database software is required.
- Virtual Office is requirement of position. Ability to work independently and in team environment as required, but no physical office is provided
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently under moderate supervision.
- Some travel required (<20% of time).
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
- Salary DOE
- Cellphone (if necessary)
- Laptop and/or desktop provided
- All staff are considered each year for Annual discretionary bonuses based on performance reviews