We are seeking an Employee Benefits Account Manager to provide the highest level of customer service to clients during all phases of the insurance business cycle.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing ongoing relationships with clients, providing oversight of coverage programs, and fulfilling client requests and assisting Insurance Producers to disseminate benefit information to potential and existing group clients.
- Serve as liaison between insurance carriers and group clients
- Receive phone calls and office visitors with requests for assistance on existing coverage and/or new policies. Explain coverage and exclusions to clients as necessary.
- Obtain and process enrollment forms, change forms or benefit summaries.
- Obtain group premium, enrollment contracts and group coverage agreements and submit timely to insurance carrier for processing
- Review existing benefits to determine best coverage alternatives
- Maintain open lines of communication with Producers and keep them apprised as needed
- Facilitate renewals and new business as directed
- Demonstrate understanding of employee benefit programs and coverage and communicate effectively with potential and existing clients (and their employees)
- 4-year college degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in employee benefits, customer service or similar position with underwriting and/or health insurance background
- Obtain Life & Health License within 6 months of employment.
- Detail oriented, charismatic, professional with ability to self-manage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multiple tasking and deadline sensitive environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer/data entry skills
- Strong math skills are a plus
- $60-80K Salary DOE
- Generous PTO plan
- Continuing Education Reimbursement