Our client is seeking an experienced financial analyst to provide data mining and intelligence for a large consumer financial portfolio. Based in the metro-Jackson area, this company has a large consumer presence throughout the Southeastern US.
This position will be developing and performing analyses using company-maintained and external data to identify relevant correlations and reach statistically valid conclusions. This position will also have access to the highest executives in the company helping to form strategy using data and making recommendations to management to improve performance results and outcomes.
This is absolutely a “hands on” position and the right candidate will have a mix of both finance and database skills where they can operate independently.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop queries of the company’s various databases and work with department heads to obtain data necessary for forecasts and analysis.
- Automate and standardize reporting processes.
- Produce branch level, district level, regional level, and companywide budgets after obtaining key performance metrics from upper management.
- Develop template Excel spreadsheets for personnel to use in their various capacities at the company.
- Develop efficient ways of combining data from multiple systems to produce cohesive analysis and management reporting capabilities.
- Perform tasks as directed by the CEO, COO, CFO and other senior management
- At least a bachelors degree required, with emphasis in accounting/finance or data science
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Excel, SQL, stat packages and data analytics tools (such as R, SAS and Python)
- General knowledge of and experience with database extraction software
- General knowledge of and experience with various report writing software packages
- At least 3 years of work experience in a data analysis role requiring the above skills
- Annual Performance Bonuses and Reviews for Raises
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
Salary – 55-65K DOE