We are seeking a Real Estate Paralegal for a mid-sized Downtown Jackson firm.
The ideal candidate will have experience with title policy commitments and underwriting guidelines, and issuance of title policies. Position requires candidate to know how to read a survey and legal description and have knowledge about commercial real estate purchase transactions, lease negotiation, financing options, and lending requirements.
- Commercial real estate transactions from start to closing including purchase agreements, supporting documents, closing checklist, outline of critical dates and responsibilities of all the parties, etc.
- Order and review title searches and prepare title commitments
- Order surveys, review and provide analysis of same, work with surveyors on revisions
- Coordinate closing with all parties in the transaction
- Document preparation, including deed, releases, closing affidavits, etc.
- Review and prepare settlement statements
- Proofreading and evaluation of real estate documents
- Coordinate closing with accounting department including flow of funds, vendor payoffs, wire instructions, etc.
- Document recordation and post-closing matters
- 2+ years of commercial real estate experience
- Familiarity with general processes, systems philosophies, structure, methods, and approaches of mid-sized firms
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and PowerPoint
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, while working effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to establish good rapport with attorneys, clients, and other employees
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to proofread a variety of documents and to pay attention to detail
- $50-70K DOE
- Strong benefits
- Paid parking provided