We are seeking a Self-Funded Medical Insurance Accountant for a Southeastern employee benefits insurance company. This position may be partially remote.
- Prepares statements and invoices.
- Coordinate with Stop Loss Insurance Carriers who provide quotes for company clients
- Understanding of separate bank accounts for clients where funds are maintained for claim payments
- Maintains client records related to invoicing and bill payment.
- Locates, or assists in location of, hard-to-reach clients.
- Drafts and distributes reports of invoicing and billing metrics.
- Ensures that all billing actions comply with company, local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Provides customer support to customers with disputes or inquiries concerning invoices or billing process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 4 year college degree preferred, experience may be substituted
- 5+ years of insurance industry experience, preferably medical insurance
- Experience/knowledge of self-funded accounting required
- Experience working with Stop Loss Insurance carriers
- 10+ years of professional experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Adobe
- Creative, flexible, self-starter.
- Experience with contemporary online billing systems and platforms
- Strong understanding of insurance deadlines such as effective dates, renewals, member eligibility, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- $50-65K DOE
- Health, Dental and vision insurance
- Life Insurance