Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Our client has retained us to confidentially identify highly diligent, confident candidates with specific MarCom experience with NPO or corporations serving hunting, conservation, and outdoor enthusiasts for the role of Vice President of Marketing and Communications. While this position will be responsible for all of the organization’s internal and external communications, particular emphasis for the position will be communications expertise using various channels of social media. The ideal candidate will be able to design and produce social media content and be a brand ambassador for the organization.
This key position will report to the CEO and comes with great responsibility to be accountable for public perception of the organization. In this role, you will recommend policy and strategy for all communication issues and be instrumental in establishing and implementing communications programs.
- Develop a cohesive communications strategy with a strong and active presence on social media platforms and all traditional communication and marketing platforms using all platforms including broadcast email, SEO optimized websites, social media and video and audio rich content
- Ensures that the advocacy and other work is appropriately communicated, both internally and externally, in keeping with the organization’s goals
- Manage media relations and maximize earned media opportunities for the organization
- Ensure consistency and quality control of all information released
- Works with the appropriate committees of the Board, the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors, providing support as necessary and developing and implementing strategies and activities in coordination with these elements of the organization
- Assemble and oversee a diversely skilled team: Manage support/production staff; interview, make hiring decisions, orient/train employees, plan assignments, and direct work
- Marshall organizational resources for appropriate spokespeople and provide the necessary support for the use of media personalities and spokespeople
- Oversee all aspects of internal communications team and lead the utilization of any contractors for communications, advertising, public relations and marketing
- Cultivate an environment of readiness and alertness, and maintain an awareness of risks and treats to the organization
- Track, monitor and report on effectiveness of communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years of experience in communications, public relations or marketing for a large membership-driven organization or corporation
- Experience in conservation/hunting with an understanding of issues facing outdoor enthusiasts
- Demonstrated experience with social media including channel development and platform optimization
- Demonstrated experience in generated earned media and an extensive list of media contacts
- Experience using data visualization platforms to effectively communicate complicated issues visually.
- Clear and concise communication style with team members and senior management
- Results oriented, with ability to complete assignments in timely manner and quantify and measure effectiveness of communications plans
- Enjoy working in a fast pace environment
Compensation for the position is commensurate with experience, and an outstanding benefits plan is included.
Preferred: visit our website to submit your resume and cover letter.